SEO is short for Search Engine Optimization. As the acronym suggests, SEO is the process of “optimizing” your websites for the use of search engines. What is a search engine? A search engine is an internet site that was made to find information on the internet. Google and Yahoo are two of the most powerful search engines operating today.
SEO will increase the traffic to a website using techniques that will make the website more search engine friendly. It will be easier for algorithms of search engines to find and identify the website as an important source of information by gauging the number of relevant key words and back links located in that website. This is the criteria a search engine uses to identify relevance.
What is key word? A key word is what you type into a search engine to tell it what you want to find. A powerful SEO technique is to find the most popular key words and purposely pepper the website content with the key word to make it easy to find.
While popular key words will drive in the most traffic to your website, you also need slightly more obscure key words that are specific and unique to your website content. If people are looking for your website, or something specific that can only be found in your website using these key words will make a search engine find you. Using more specific but relevant key words also means less competition for you when topping search results. You are targeting a specific kind of visitor, one that is particularly interested in your website content.
Another important part of SEO is making links. What is a link? A link, also called back link, is references to your website from other websites. What a link does for a website is alert search engines that your website content is important because others refer to it. But this alone will not guarantees high ranking with search engines.
You also need the fundamentals, namely good content. What is good content? Good content is relevant information the internet user is looking for. What is meant by good content is that the written material in the website is original, informative and easy to understand for the average reader. You do not want content that in inaccessible to the majority of readers because the writing style is too technical. Take the effort to make original content, not just churned out information that has been repeated many times over by other websites. Good content will encourage other websites to link your website.
Effective SEO techniques will make a lot of money for an ecommerce business. Sometimes it does not even matter what kind or quality of services or products are offered, they still get sold. Because SEO makes them easy to find by ranking these sites highest on search engines, they sell the best. Your regular consumer will not bother to look elsewhere.
Here is a summary of proven SEO technique that you can use.
1. Key words. Look for the best key word that will describe your content and the direction of your market strategy.
2. Content. Plan how you will develop content. Do not go blind writing up anything just to keep fresh. You need a binding theme. And some expertise in an information niche so your visitors have some idea of what to expect and will be back for more.
3. Key word mapping. What is keyword mapping? It is an important factor in content planning for a website. Use a spreadsheet software to map keywords used in every page.
4. Keyword phrase order. This is an extension 온라인 홀덤 of key word mapping. You need to match keywords to relate to page contents that a reader will be able to follow. So if a reader has some interest in something else that maybe in the website, they can easily find it.
5. Keyword buying cycle. What is this? If your website sells something, overtime you can evaluate what that buying cycle is. Evaluate your website every once in a while to find these patterns so you can tweak website content to pull in even more business.
6. Key word prominence. Return to that keyword list you had made earlier. From this list, chose the ones you want to highlight. You can only use a select number of key words when you make titles or meta description tags for each page content. So choose wisely.
These are the standard SEO techniques used to bring in website traffic. There are other technique not mentioned in this article, and there are new techniques being invented everyday. So do some internet research or learn by practice to find the best techniques that will work.
The topmost objective for SEO is very simple. SEO wants to top the highest in search results as often as it can. This will bring in website hits in an organic and unforced manner that most buyers prefer. SEO is the very opposite of pay-per-click advertisements seen cluttering the outside columns of websites. The internet has become a very competitive arena for business. More than 75% of companies are vying for your attention online. And all these companies know that getting to the top of results is the key to bringing in target consumers.
Ideally, good SEO can bring a website to rank in the top ten search results of a popular search engine like Google, Yahoo or Bing. Google holds the biggest market with something around 60% of online search use. Keep this in mind when making a SEO strategy for your website. You want Google. Your average consumer will not look further than the first page of an online search engine result. If you do not place near the top, SEO is the very opposite of pay-per-click advertisements seen in the outside columns of websites. The internet has become a very competitive arena for business. More than 75% of companies are vying for your attention online. And all these companies know that getting to the top of search engine results is the key to bringing in target consumers.